All the basics surrounding the environmental impacts of municipal solid waste, the Zero Waste movement, and how to begin reducing your impacts. For resources + more, check out: http://lauraediez.com/
- I wrote this post when I first became serious about moving towards a lower-waste lifestyle. There are lots of resources at the bottom of the post!
- If you’re looking to shop bulk, use this Bulk Bin Locator to find stores near you
- Here are the reusable produce bags I love so much
- Here is how to compost in your backyard; if it’s not an option for you, plenty of cities have compost pick-up services. Your local co-op, farmers market, or nurseries may have drop-off locations too. Just takes a bit of Googling.
- If you are looking to read more technical articles on potential solutions to waste, Google Scholar is always a great place to start. I am really interested in waste-to-energy solutions currently in practice in Europe, and the theory of a circular economy. I hope to talk about these both in future blog posts and/or podcasts.